[Ewrt-devel] The current state of Ewrt

Doug Dalton
Thu Jun 10 16:31:59 PDT 2004

I reset everything back to factory defaults,  I put only my dns server
into notcat.conf and the DNS host list,  it is the first dns server in
both the resolv.conf and my webpage but my PPPoE server assigns two dns
servers which are appended,  I only get the splash page if I go directly
to the config page (192.168.1.1) without my dns server in the list,
otherwise with my dns server in,  I do not see it.... this is factory
defaults with only the default nocat enabled,  If I reset the box
without nocat I can see my dns server and have no problems getting out
past the gateway.

Regards,
Doug

A. Brandon Psmythe wrote:

Hi Doug,

So the DNS servers in nocat.conf are the same ones as are defined on
your client?  Are the clients able to resolve IP addresses or do they
hang waiting on dns resolution?  Do you ever get the splash page?

-b

Doug Dalton wrote:

Really simple setup

[isp]<-[linksys]<-[wifi Clients]

I set nocat.conf to the same dns as my static dhcp server and I still
cannot get out to the internet without disabling nocat?
Doug

A. Brandon Psmythe wrote:

Hey all,
It would be easy enough to set it up such that if there were no DNS
Servers set, then to allow all port53 traffic out.  However, intuitively
I do not think that makes the best sense.  Not reading a man page, I
would assume that setting a variable to "null" would disable that
feature.  How about we allow "ALL" as a setting?

Doug,
The DNSHost setting should be the same servers that the DHCP server
hands out.  Could you send us a basic diagram of how the network is set
up, and where it is failing?  As Irving asked, I am also wondering what
your network setup looks like.

thanks,
    brandon