[Ewrt-devel] NOCATSPLASH and WRT54G Vresion 1.1

sect0r527
Fri Jun 4 13:46:48 PDT 2004

Hello Irving,

Friday, June 4, 2004, 9:40:01 PM, you wrote:

IP> Hah, I would like to see them try :)   NoCatAuth is very impractical for
IP> this platform because it is written in Perl.   Brian Beattie's captive
IP> portal is barely beyond the "proof of concept" stages.

You are right regarding NoCatAuth, so they were thinking about
"BeattieCatAuth". As James yesterday said, they are currently writing it from
ground up for their existing httpd server...
The thread is here: http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=138

IP> So far we have had one patch submitted and about three real bug reports,
IP> which is disappointing.   Is anyone experiencing any bugs they would
IP> like to harp about, or do Portless customers need to find them all? :)

don't know whether it's a firmware or configuration problem, but with
your FW I couldn't open several web sites and users claimed to be not
able to access some "secured" pages (e.g. eBanking auth. pages). After
reseting to defaults problem isn't disappeared. Installed Samadhi2 -
v2.00.8.6sv - no such problems so far.

So, I couldn't access for example www.ebay.de, www.deutsche-bank.de
and few others. Pinging of this domains returns right IP-adresses but
no answer from these servers. No idea.

--
Best regards,
sect0r527