[Ewrt-devel] NOCATSPLASH and WRT54G Vresion 1.1

Irving Popovetsky
Fri Jun 4 12:40:01 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 02:10, sect0r527 wrote:
> spbc> I am based in UK and looking for NOCATAUTH on WRT54G.
>
> try http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/index.php
> they are implementing right now in their last betas (for which u have to
> pay 20 bucks *agggh*) nocatauth or sort of it.

Hah, I would like to see them try :)   NoCatAuth is very impractical for
this platform because it is written in Perl.   Brian Beattie's captive
portal is barely beyond the "proof of concept" stages.

Thats exactly why we started Ewrt.  Because a) people need a working
captive portal (even if it has its flaws)  and
b)  You shouldn't have to pay $20 to get it.

Unfortunately, we don't have any authentication yet.  Looking for
hackers with spare time to help us out.

> hm, I'm in Germany and got another one v2 just couple
> days ago, maybe your supplier is selling old stuff. It's even
> difficult to find other than v2 now.
> spbc> Is there any way to get this Firmware compatible to Release 1.1 ?

I've seen Ewrt run on an v1.1 unit before.  But there are many good
reasons to stick with the v2 units, so I recommend you look hard for
one.  Our testing focus for Ewrt is v2 units only.

> PS: to me, the EWRT project lookin' dear, am I mistaken?

You mean dead?   Ewrt is not dead.   There are only two developers
(myself and Brandon) and we've been in and out of town and just very
busy with other work lately.

--
Irving Popovetsky               Information Security Consultant
ProStructure Consulting             http://www.prostructure.com