[Ewrt-devel] Configuration

Irving Popovetsky
Wed Jun 9 13:54:12 PDT 2004

Hi Tom,

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 05:34, Tom Goetz wrote:
> There are two competing configuration systems for the router.
> src/cy_config.mak and make menuconfig in src/router. Both define
> CONFIG_* variables. I would like to move variables that EWRT will allow
> configuration changes to from cy_config.mak into the menuconfig system.
> This would allow building of various flavors of EWRT with a make
> menuconfig in src/router alone.
>
> What do you think?

You're right, it is somewhat convoluted.   I haven't really used the
supplied conf/mconf tool.  cy_conf.mak is included by lots of makefiles
and seems to lay out the default variables (which are then overridden?)
but I never really touch that either.

Do you think you could get the menuconfig tool to do something useful?
If not, I'm thinking about just removing it.

--
-Irving Popovetsky
ProStructure Consulting             http://www.prostructure.com